Mathematics and Science in Civilization
Semester 1, Academic Year 2018
- Please prepare for the exam by reading the teaching documents at the end of this page.
- Please do the teaching evaluation at sis.cmu.ac.th.
- You can see 80% scores below.
Course Title: 201117 Mathematics and Science in Civilization
Registration number for this Course:
Important Course Information:
Office: MB 2101 (Math Building), Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science
Phone: (053) 94-3326 ต่อ 108
FB Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/Dr.NoomMathLover
Office: PB1-338 (Physics Building 1), Department of Physics and Material Sciences, Faculty of Science
Phone: (053) 94-3367
Facebook: Aj Kom
201117 Facebook Group: 201117 1/2561 inter
Class Schedule: Mondays and Thursdays 11.00 AM -12.30 PM at RB5405
- Students can make an appointment with instructors.
- Class Activities Before the Midterm Exam 10 %
- Midterm Exam 25 %
- Class Activities After the Midterm Exam 15 %
- Final Exam 20 %
- Project 30 %
Scores : You can see 80% scores here.
Midterm Exam : Wednesday 3 October 2018 from 12.00 PM – 3.00 PM
Final Exam: Sunday 9 December 2018 from 8.00 AM – 11.00 AM at Rooms RB3201 and RB3202. / The final exam contains 40 multiple choice problems. / Student can use a general calculator but not a scientific calculator for the exam. Please bring your own dark pens, pencils and erasers. / You must wear the CMU uniform for the permission to take final exam.
Office Hours : Students can make appointments.
Resources for Teaching and Learning:
1) Special Activities
- Past-Project Show: This activity is on Wednesday 29 August 2018 at the Reading Room (or Library) on the 3rd floor of Mathematics Building. You can choose to come from one of the following choices: (1) 10.00 AM – 11 AM and (2) Noon – 1.00 PM. Please bring a pen with you. (The Mathematics Building is between the SCB Bank and K Bank near the CMU post office.
- Excursion at Wat Umong: Our activity is on Sunday 2 September 2018 from 2.00 PM – 4.00 PM (We will start on time at the Pagoda (or Chedi) at Wat Umong. If you haven’t visited the the Pagoda at Wat Umong, you should go at least 30 minutes ahead. Please bring a pen with you and wear polite clothes. It is a good idea to bring an umbrella or a hat with you.
2) General Documents for this course
- Wat Umong by Dr. Atichart Kettapun
- VDO about “The Precious Mural Paintings of Umong Temple“
- Study Sheet in “Numeral Systems“
- VDO about “Measurement in the Past“
- Study Sheet in “Mathematics and Chiang Mai Wall Construction“
- VDO about “Mathematics in Chiang Mai Wall Construction” (The material is in Thai but looking at the VDO is also very useful.)
- Study Sheet in “Decode Numbers in Thai Astrology“
- Study Sheet in “Golden Ratio in Human Bodies, Arts and Architecture“
- VDO about “Golden Ratio in Human Body“
- Study Sheet in “Lanna Magic Square“
- Study Sheet in “International Calendar“
- Study Sheet in “Span of Years“
- Study Sheet in “Lacquer Ware“